- If you want to keep Opus installed but don't want it to replace Explorer, go to Settings -> Preferences / Launching Opus / Explorer Replacement and set it to Don't replace Explorer.
- On the other hand, if you do not want to use Opus anymore, uninstall it. The uninstaller will remove the Explorer Replacement settings automatically.
If you want to turn off Explorer Replacement but, for whatever reason, cannot open Preferences or use the uninstaller, it can also be done via editing the registry:
Directory Opus 9 to 12
- Download and extract this zip file:
- You should now have a .reg file with the same name as the zip. Double-click the .reg file.
Directory Opus 8
- Click Start -> Run and enter RegEdit.exe
- Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder
- You should see a key called dopus_backup which contains the settings you need to restore to the shell\open key in the same place. The easiest way to do this is to:
- Export the dopus_backup key to a .reg file.
- Edit the file (in an editor which understands Unicode, such as Notepad)
- Search and replace "dopus_backup" with "shell\open" and save the new version of the .reg file.
- Double-click the new .reg file to import its settings.
- If you have any problems please ask in the forums and tell us which versions of Opus and Windows you are using.
All other associations (i.e. Zip files) can be adjusted without editing the registry by using the usual Open With... context menu.