Dopus isn't showing m4a tags in metadata pane

Main area for tech support, questions, suggestions and bug reports.
Forum rules
Please try the FAQs, forum search, and manual before posting.
Please link your account to your registration.
Sh1ro
Registered Opus Pro User
Opus: Directory Opus 12
Hello.

For some reason Dopus is not showing m4a tags in metadata pane, but it obviously reads them from the file.
2017-01-26_175557.png
2017-01-26_175557.png (123.03 KiB) Viewed 531 times

At first I thought that it is normal, and Directory Opus just doesn't support m4a files but after checking ogg flac and ape files I am starting to think that something is wrong.

Could you please help?

P.S. I have uploaded a sample file so that you could check it yourself.
Link.
Password for the 7z archive:

DesertDwarf
Registered Opus Pro User
Opus: Latest Beta
I haven't changed from the default Info Tip and it doesn't show tags by default.

Go to Settings -> File Types...

Expand File Type Groups and highlight Music, and then click Edit.

Switch to the Info Tip tab and configure it how you want.

You'll find what you want when you click Insert Field and choose General -> Tags.

I hope this helps.
Ric Fischer (aka DesertDwarf)
I could be taller, but why?

Sh1ro
Registered Opus Pro User
DesertDwarf wrote:I haven't changed from the default Info Tip and it doesn't show tags by default.

Go to Settings -> File Types...

Expand File Type Groups and highlight Music, and then click Edit.

Switch to the Info Tip tab and configure it how you want.

You'll find what you want when you click Insert Field and choose General -> Tags.

I hope this helps.

I appreciate your help, but I doubt that it will solve my problem. My Info Tip works fine, there is something wrong with the Metadata Pane.
For example that is how it looks with flac file selected.
2017-01-26_175621.png
2017-01-26_175621.png (81.05 KiB) Viewed 516 times

As you can see in case of flac(and ogg and mp3 and ape and so on, except m4a) Metadata Pane shows all the tags.

DesertDwarf
Registered Opus Pro User
Opus: Latest Beta
Oops. Sorry. I focused on the Info Tip. :-/
Ric Fischer (aka DesertDwarf)
I could be taller, but why?

leo
GPSoftware
I think the problem is on our side rather than your config. If you rename to .mp4 you can edit some of their fields (albeit focused on video not audio), so we may have just missed the m4a extension somewhere.

[BTW, if you get the version of that album that's now on the band's website, it's much improved from the original clipped CD release. (Still clipped in places, but no longer clipped absolutely everywhere. At least for the FLAC/24/96 version I opted for.) They finally fixed it, and very quietly.]

Sh1ro
Registered Opus Pro User
leo wrote:I think the problem is on our side rather than your config. If you rename to .mp4 you can edit some of their fields (albeit focused on video not audio), so we may have just missed the m4a extension somewhere.

Indeed, I tried a fresh install of Dopus on clean Windows 7 on virtual machine, and it has similar behavior. For the sake of consistency I did a proper testing of other audio formats supported by Audio Tags plugin except .m4p because I don't have any and iTunes Store nowadays seems to sell only DRM free music. I found that the same issue happens with .opus .m4a .aac and .fla files, in other word Directory Opus reads tag data from them without a problem but it is unable to display it in Metadata Pane.
opus.png
opus.png (93.95 KiB) Viewed 414 times
m4a.png
m4a.png (97.21 KiB) Viewed 414 times
fla.png
fla.png (98.57 KiB) Viewed 414 times
aac.png
aac.png (99.16 KiB) Viewed 414 times

I would be grateful if you would fix it, especially m4a files, because they are pretty common among the people who use apple devices. Also I encountered another thing that might be a bug. A green rectangle is displayed instead of .wav thumbnail, Explorer seems to handle .wav thumbnails fine(with the help of Icaros).
Dopus
wav_thumbnails_full.png
wav_thumbnails_full.png (123.21 KiB) Viewed 414 times

Explorer
wav_explorer.png
wav_explorer.png (118.47 KiB) Viewed 414 times

I have uploaded 7zip archive with this .wav file.
Link
Password:
I'd appreciate if you could look into this issue as well.
leo wrote:[BTW, if you get the version of that album that's now on the band's website, it's much improved from the original clipped CD release. (Still clipped in places, but no longer clipped absolutely everywhere. At least for the FLAC/24/96 version I opted for.) They finally fixed it, and very quietly.]

Thanks for the information. :thumbsup: This remaster will be a nice addition to my collection of different versions of Death Magnetic(I already have this particular CD, remastered version that I bought at the iTunes Store(they cleaned it a lot and added some bass), and another remastered version of unknown origin). :lol: But, strange as it may sound, the more I listen to the remastered versions of this album the more I like the original release. Yea it has dirty sound, but it gives more of the "impact" with all its raspy and overloaded riffs IMHO. :)

Return to “Help & Support”